Sarou Ghahremani was an Iranian Kurdish citizen who, according to some media outlets, disappeared after taking part in a protest rally against the Iranian government in Sanandaj. According to his family, on Friday, January 12, 2018, his death was reported to them after 11 days of his arrest by the Sanandaj Information Office. On January 13, his body was buried only in the presence of his parents, it is said that Sarou was poisoned at the age of 18 as a political prisoner for a half. Some media outlets in the Iranian government announced that he was a member of the Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan. Sarou Ghahremani's family said that he had disappeared after taking part in the street protests in Sanandaj and had his body depopulated for burial after 11 days of his disappearance. A close friend of Ghahremani, on Saturday, January 13, quoted that Sarou's mother has mentioned that there were beating and whipping signs on Sarou’s corp; the Iranian security forces have threatened Ghahremani’s family that they have no rights to interview with any Medias.
Sarou Ghahremani’s mother, after her son's death, began to publish his photos of his lifetime by making an account on Instagram known as "Sarou, you’re mother's love". Mohammad Reza Arian, a retired police colonel and Sarou Ghahremani’s aunt’s husband, in a conversation with the Kayhan Newspaper of London, expresses that "Sanandaj governor speaks of a threat to a person or people with weapons, by Sarou on January 4; this is while Sarou was present in the city and among his family since the dawn of January 12 without any problems. If someone had filed a complaint against him, it would undoubtedly be in the coming days and in order for the police to proof the complaint, they should go to Sarou's home and approach his family; the governor of Sanandaj argued that Sarou was killed in an armed conflict near the terminal. The retired colonel of the law enforcement agency has said that such an armed conflict has taken place inside the city and that no one has informed the citizens. Mohammad Reza Arian referred to another young person, Kianoush Zand, killed in the protests like Sarou Ghahremani.
The existence of the numerous acts of torture and bruising on the body of Sarou without any marks on his body caused by armed conflict and shooting, made him ask that if Sarou was killed in an armed conflict on the evening of January 12 why was his body returned to his family after 11 days? Did they wanted to interrogate a body during these eleven days? Mohammad Reza Arian claims about the twice summons of Mohammad Ghahremani, the father of Sarou Ghahremani to the Sanandaj Information Office and he added that he was forced to make television confessions with a predetermined text, he reports the heavy presence of plainclothes and intelligence forces at Mohammad Ghahremani's home. On January 14, another close relative of Sarou’s family said that after the delivery of the body was released, officers of the Ministry of Intelligence came and took Sarou's father with them, a few hours the video of his interview was broadcast from Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, he mentioned that I don’t know what they had said to him or threatened him with, but that video was a forced confession of a father against his son.
On January 14, 2018, when Sarou's death was released for the first time, actress Bahareh Rahnama, sharing a photo with Sarou Ghahremani, shared her sympathy with his family, saying that Sarou had been busy working in her restaurant since last year as a courier. Shortly after the actress’s tweets in condemning the death of Sarou Ghahremani, she released tweets about herself being threaten by the Sanandaj governor. According to the follow-up committee of the arrests in January 2018, Sarou's body was handed over to his family by the security guards for burial, only his parents were allowed to accompany the ambulance carriage to Beheshteh Mohammadiyeh Sanandaj for burial and other family members were not allowed to attend. In the massive protests of Iran in January 2018, slogans were launched against Iran's internal and regional leaders and policies so according to the reports, more than 3,700 people have been arrested and at least 22 to 25 have been killed. Officials of Iran have confirmed the death of 22-year-old Sina Ghanbari at Evin prison quarantine facility.
The announcement of the death of Vahid Heidari in a detention center in Arak was confirmed, while the cause of the death of both youngsters was announced by the Iranian government as suicidal acts. But this became the matter of their families protesting to clarify the causes of their deaths. Mohsen Adeli is one of the victims of the January 2018 unrests in Dezful, said to have lost his life in the detention center in prison, but government officials said that he was shot in the street protests and lost his life when he got to the hospital. • No government official has responded to the death of Sarou Ghahremani at Sanandaj Information Detention Center.• Mahmood Sadeghi, a member of the Iranian parliament, said that 40 MPs called for Larijani to form a committee to investigate the cause of the deaths of some of the detainees in the recent protests. He said last week that more than 3,700 people were arrested during recent protests in Iran. • On the other hand, in the recent days, many social and international activists have expressed concern about the "repetition of the Kahrizak scenario" and demand clear information about the situation of the detainees on the part of the Iranian government.
In 2009, a number of the arrested protesters lost their lives due to the beatings and the inappropriate status of Kahrizak detention center. • Othman Mizin, a Kurdish lawyer in his telegram channel, wr
The 123rd Battalion, Royal Grenadiers, CEF was a unit in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during the First World War. Based in Toronto, they began recruiting in November 1915. After arriving in England, they continued to train as an infantry battalion for several months, but just before mobilizing to France in January 1917, the battalion was redesignated the 123rd Pioneer Battalion, Royal Grenadiers, CEF; the official authorization to raise the 123rd Overseas Battalion, Royal Grenadiers, CEF, was Militia General Order 151, dated December 6, 1915. However, orders had been issued by Militia District No. 2 on November 12, by the time the official order was published, the recruitment for the battalion was complete, although some members had signed up for service as early as September 1915. They were based in Ontario; the battalion recruited and mobilized as an infantry battalion in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during the First World War. Many senior members of the 123rd Battalion had served with the 10th Royal Grenadiers prior to attesting in the 123rd Battalion.
Of the total 1,100 soldiers on strength on December 28, 1915, only 110 had come from the Central Recruiting Depot. They had trained at home as infantry soldiers; the 10th Royal Grenadiers contributed 30% of the soldiers who attested in the 3rd Battalion, CEF starting in September 1914. The battalion was separated into two groups in Halifax for mobilization to England, the first group sailing on the SS Cameronia under the command of Major Charles Armel Boone and the second group sailing on the SS Metagama, which departed Halifax harbour August 9, 1916, arriving in England August 17 and 18, 1916, respectively. Among other battalions in the convoy was the 124th Battalion, CEF, redesignated as a pioneer battalion. On January 17, 1917, five months after arrival in England, the battalion was repurposed as a pioneer battalion and redesignated as the 123rd Pioneer Battalion, Royal Grenadiers, CEF, but continued to report through the 3rd Infantry Division commanded by Major General Louis James Lipsett.
While most of the other Canadian Pioneer Battalions reported through the Canadian Engineers, the 123rd continued to report through the infantry organization. They commenced training under the guidance of a major of the British Pioneers. Many of the original members were trained as infantry soldiers and as pioneers; the 123rd Battalion was commanded by Lieutenant-Colonel Walter Bernard Kingsmill, the Commanding Officer of the 10th Royal Grenadiers at the time the 123rd Battalion was authorized on November 12, 1915, until May 25, 1918, when the battalion reorganized as the 3rd Canadian Engineer Brigade, comprising the 7th and 8th and 9th Canadian Engineer Battalions. Second in Command of the 123rd Battalion was Major Charles Armel Boone who had served in the British Armed Forces in Africa where he attained the rank of Major. Major Charles Armel Boone attended Upper Canada College in Toronto, RMC in Kingston and was an engineering graduate from the University of Toronto. Throughout 1917 and into mid-1918, the 123rd Battalion absorbed large contingents of reinforcements from the 180th Battalion, 129th Battalion, 3rd Canadian Pioneer Battalion and 3rd Reserve Battalion, others.
In many cases the 123rd Battalion served with front line troops, in fact, in front of the front line troops, to install barbed wire, improve roads, establish battlements and dugouts for the front-line infantry troops to use and occupy. They suffered many casualties. Among their principal roles was to install bridge works and build plank roads to facilitate movement of troops, artillery pieces, supply columns. Many soldiers were wounded or died while serving with the 123rd Battalion, many officers and men were decorated for their courageous acts; the 123rd Overseas Battalion, Royal Grenadiers, was demobilized and disbanded on September 15, 1920, at the same time the CEF was disbanded. The unit is perpetuated by The Royal Regiment of Canada; the 123rd Battalion was awarded the following battle honours: Arras, 1917,'18+ Vimy, 1917, 9–14 April 1917+ Arleux Scarpe, 1917,3–4 May 1917 Hill 70, 15–25 August 1917+ Ypres 1917, 31 July – 10 November 1917 Passchendaele, 12 October 1917 or 26 October – 10 November 1917+ France and Flanders, 1917–18