SUMMARY / RELATED TOPICS

Robinson, North Dakota

Robinson is a city in Kidder County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 37 at the 2010 census. Robinson was founded in 1911. Robinson is located at 47°8′35″N 99°46′45″W. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.17 square miles, all of it land. In 2016, Hanson's bar, located in Robinson, registered a trademark in the phrase "Geographical Center of North America", despite Rugby, North Dakota having made that claim and establishing a monument to that effect based on a determination made by the United States Geological Survey in 1931; as of the census of 2010, there were 37 people, 19 households, 10 families residing in the city. The population density was 217.6 inhabitants per square mile. There were 56 housing units at an average density of 329.4 per square mile. The racial makeup of the city was 100.0% White. There were 19 households of which 26.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.8% were married couples living together, 15.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 47.4% were non-families.

42.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 21.1% had someone living alone, 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.95 and the average family size was 2.70. The median age in the city was 49.3 years. 18.9% of residents were under the age of 18. The gender makeup of the city was 45.9 % female. As of the census of 2000, there were 71 people, 40 households, 21 families residing in the city; the population density was 432.2 people per square mile. There were 56 housing units at an average density of 340.9 per square mile. The racial makeup of the city was 100.00% White. There were 40 households out of which 10.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.0% were married couples living together, 2.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 47.5% were non-families. 47.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 30.0% had someone living alone, 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.78 and the average family size was 2.43. In the city, the population was spread out with 11.3% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 14.1% from 25 to 44, 23.9% from 45 to 64, 45.1% who were 65 years of age or older.

The median age was 59 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.3 males. The median income for a household in the city was $30,625, the median income for a family was $33,333. Males had a median income of $25,625 versus $21,875 for females; the per capita income for the city was $15,712. There were 8.3% of families and 7.8% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 20.0% of those over 64. Golden jubilee, North Dakota:50, 1911-1961 from the Digital Horizons website

Andreanof Islands

The Andreanof Islands are a group of islands in the Aleutian Islands in southwestern Alaska. They are located at 172 ° 57' to 179 ° 09' West; the Andreanof Islands are located between Amchitka Pass and the Rat Islands group to the west, Amukta Pass and the Islands of Four Mountains group to the east. The islands extend about 275 miles; the total land area of all islands is 1,515.349 sq mi. The total population was 412 persons as of the 2000 census, the vast majority in the city of Adak on Adak Island; the Delarof Islands are a subgroup of the Andreanof Islands group as well as the westernmost islands in the group. The largest islands in the group are, from west to east, Gareloi Island, Tanaga Island, Adak Island, Kagalaska Island, Great Sitkin Island, Atka Island and Seguam Island; the islands are foggy and are treeless because of the constant wind. The Andreanof Islands were named for the Russian navigator, Andreyan Tolstykh, the first European to explore the islands in 1761. There were several United States military bases on the islands during World War II.

The bases on Adak were enlarged and made permanent after the war but were closed in 1995. 1957 Andreanof Islands earthquake Andreanof Islands: Blocks 1083 thru 1137, Census Tract 1, Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska United States Census Bureau